Enzymes are biological molecules (proteins) that act as catalysts and help complex reactions occur everywhere in life.
DigeZyme uses the same enzyme blend provided by Sabinsa Corporation used in many of our protein products.
These enzymes help to break down carbohydrate, lactose, cellulose fibres, fats and protein. They are also resistant to the action of gastric juices, whilst retaining their digestive activity.
- Amylase – breaks down starch to sugars
- Protease – aids the hydrolysis of peptide bonds, proteins to amino acids
- Lactase – splits milk sugar lactose, to produce the glucose & galactose
- Lipase – breaks down fats
- Cellulase – breaks down cellulose fibres